Class: First Fleet Class
Speed: 12 kn
Length: 25.38 m
Displacement: 105 t
Route: Inner Harbour, Taronga Zoo, Cockatoo Island, Eastern Suburbs
Origin of Name: Named after the HMS Supply, part of the 1787 First Fleet.
The Supplys namesake was launched in 1759, the third HMS Supply was a Royal Navy armed tender that played an important part in the foundation of Australia. Supply was the first ship to sail into Port Jackson, under the command of Captain Arthur Phillip (who had transferred from HMS Sirius at Cape Town) on 26 January 1788.
The Sydney Harbour First Fleet Class consist of nine catamaran ferries built by Carrington Slipways in Tomago, New South Wales. They replaced the wooden K and Lady class ferries on Sydney Harbour. It was originally intended that they operate services on the Parramatta River, but they generated too much wash.