Class: First Fleet Class
Speed: 12 kn
Length: 25.38 m
Displacement: 105 t
Route: Inner Harbour, Taronga Zoo, Cockatoo Island, Eastern Suburbs
Origin of Name: Named after the Borrowdale, part of the 1787 First Fleet.
The Borrowdales namesake was a three-masted, square rigged merchant ship, launched in Sunderland in 1785, that served as a storeship of the First Fleet.
The First Fleet Class consist of nine catamaran ferries built by Carrington Slipways in Tomago, New South Wales. They replaced the wooden K and Lady class ferries on Sydney Harbour. It was originally intended that they operate services on the Parramatta River, but they generated too much wash.