The RAN Heritage Centre is located within the Public Access Precinct on the northern end of Garden Island. It is housed in two heritage-listed buildings: The Gun Mounting Workshop (1922) and the Boatshed (1890). The Public Access Precinct has a number of relics from Garden Island’s past including the earliest known graffiti in Australia (January 1788) from when Fredrick Meredith, a First Fleet sailor, carved his initials into a sandstone rock – and they are still there.Displays range from large weapon systems to personal momentos representing the developments and events in the Navy dating back over more than 100 years.
Phone:+61 (02) 9359 2611
Circular Quay to Eastern Suburbs service
From Circular Quay, No. 4 Wharf, Sydney to Watsons Bay, Garden Island
Visit www.transportnsw.info For Full Ticketing And Timetable Information.